The Mission District is one of San Francisco’s most interesting and eclectic neighborhoods, combining a range of influences into one unique culture. This three-hour walking tour includes tastings at five different establishments.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Stops: Five different tasting locations
Tastings: All food included. Enough food for lunch. Vegetarian friendly. Call for other dietary restrictions.
ABOUT CHINATOWN FOOD TOUR
Don’t fall for the culinary tourist traps when you’re in San Francisco’s Chinatown! Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco offers an irresistible food tour in the cultural hotspot of Chinatown.
Explore the remarkable and historic culture and foods that define Hong Kong and mainland China. Taste authentic Cantonese, Mandarin, and Szechuan cuisine from five Chinese-owned and operated restaurants, food establishments, and bakeries.
Our expert foodies have done extensive and delicious research to offer you the ultimate Chinatown food tour. The tastes, traditions, and old-world class of these landmark establishments make for a true San Francisco experience. Let us tease your taste buds with the sweet and savory flavors of delectable, authentic Chinese cuisine!
Flavorful food specialties are served from five of the following places (subject to change). Private tour tasting locations may be different than ones listed below.
- New Hollywood Bakery & Restaurant (est. 1991): Our favorite light and buttery buns filled with barbecue-flavored cha siu pork
- Bund Shanghai: Traditional Shanghai-style cuisine
- Grant Place: Local favorite known for Hong Kong-style dim sum and Chinese specialties
- Hunan House: The distinctive flavors of Hunan cuisine
- AA Bakery & Café (est. 2002): Freshly made, out of the oven, Hong Kong-style egg tarts cooked to a smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery flaky crust
- Spicy King: Serving the best traditional Mandarin Szechuan spicy Chinese food in SF
Behind every great food establishment in this city, there is an equally great story of history, tradition, and even innovation. On our Chinatown food tour, you discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these Chinese restaurants and bakeries so prized among locals.
Discover just what makes our food tours the best in the city!
- Enjoy a variety of five delicious foods from the best specialty food stores and ethnic eateries.
- Three hours of delicious fun with a wonderful guide
- Our fun, fascinating, and knowledgeable tour guide divulges tidbits of information only locals know.
- Walk hidden streets and alleys off the beaten path.
- Hear fun and interesting stories about the Chinese immigrants’ arrival in SF, the Tong Wars, Chinese architecture, and more.
- Visit the Chinese Fortune Cookie Factory, the oldest Buddhist Temple in SF, and an authentic Chinese market.
- Taste a variety of styles of Chinese cuisine, including the best-baked bun, dim sum, and egg tart, all without waiting in the long lines.
Private Chinatown Food Tour
Want to make our delicious and fun Chinatown food tour a private event? Contact Us! We specialize in curating the best private culinary experiences.
Pacific and Grant Avenues, San Francisco, CA.
The tour meets in front of the East West Bank, located at 1066 Grant Ave San Francisco, CA 94133. The cross streets are Pacific and Grant Avenues; please meet on the Grant Avenue side.
The closest BART station is Montgomery. It is about a 20-minute walk to the meeting location. The Portsmouth Square Parking Garage is located at 733 Kearny Street, between Clay and Washington Streets, and is about a five-minute walk away from the East West Bank.
- Feel free to bring a bottled beverage. Some of the food establishments supply water.
- A tip for your guide. It’s customary to tip between 15%-20% of the ticket purchase price.
Please review the seller’s policies for this activity. Once tickets are purchased, these are binding.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine
The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders are allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled