The Mission District is one of San Francisco’s most interesting and eclectic neighborhoods, combining a range of influences into one unique culture. This three-hour walking tour includes tastings at five different establishments.
Duration: Three hours
Stops: Five different tasting locations
Tastings: All food included. Enough food for lunch. Vegetarian friendly. Call for other dietary restrictions.
ABOUT NORTH BEACH FOOD TOUR
See and taste the best that North Beach has to offer on a one-of-a-kind North Beach Food Tour!
This three-hour walking tour helps you get away from the main drag and into the beautiful side streets of North Beach and the Barbary Coast. Discover unexpected shops, sites, and bites in this diverse neighborhood.
As you stroll from block to block, you stop for tastings at five of the following places (subject to change). Private Tour tasting locations may be different than ones listed below.
- Molinari Delicatessen (est. 1896): Pope John Paul II was presented with a Molinari salami from 8-year-old Joey
- Peña Pachamama: Historic site of a former speakeasy, serving up organic Bolivian fare
- Golden Boy Pizza (est. 1978): Peter Sodini’s vision of the perfect pizza
- Original U.S. Restaurant (est. 1890): A fixture of the North Beach Italian community featuring homemade Italian specialties
- XOX Truffles (est. 1997): Chef Jean-Marc Gorce offers you the finest handmade truffles
- Lush Gelato (est. 2009) Carefully sourced gelato & sorbetto in a range of creative flavors
- Barbara (est. 2018) (Monday’s tour) Lively Roman restaurant inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzerie.
In between tastings, your guide indicates interesting architecture, beautiful parks, and notable landmarks, all while providing a glimpse into the neighborhood culture and how the locals have shaped the area’s cuisine.
The North Beach food tour is great for locals and tourists alike. Our guides take pride in showcasing great local artisans that remain hidden to most, as well as the unique history, culture, and architecture that led the American Planning Association (APA) to rate North Beach as one of the ten “Great Neighborhoods in America!”
Taste and experience a unique side of North Beach and the Barbary Coast!
- Hear fun and interesting stories about the Italian immigrants who made North Beach a foodie paradise for Italian cuisine.
- Our guides are the best darn storytellers in the business. Learn about Coit Tower, Washington Square Park, Saints Peter & Paul Church and much more…
- Meet the owners of an authentic Bolivian restaurant, who entertain you with delightful live Latin music.
- In addition to all the amazing food, your guide will discuss the history, culture, architecture and food scene of the neighborhood.
- Storytelling at its best — from the Beat Generation and Jack Kerouac Alley to City Lights Bookstore, discover the character of this fascinating neighborhood.
- Savor an authentic Italian sandwich, gnocchi and meatballs, Bolivian fare, focaccia pizza, handmade French truffles, and the best cannoli in SF.
Private North Beach Food Tour
Want to make our delicious and fun North Beach food tour a private event? Contact Us! We specialize in curating the best private culinary experiences.
The tour meets in front of Caffe Trieste, located at 601 Vallejo St, San Francisco 94133. The cross street is Grant Ave. The closest BART station is Embarcadero and is about a 20-minute walk away.
- Feel free to bring a bottled beverage. Some establishments provide water.
- Gratuity for your food tour guide. It’s customary to tip your guide 15%-20% of the purchase price.
Please review the seller’s policies for this activity. Once tickets are purchased, these are binding.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders are allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled