Tickets must be purchased in advance. You may purchase tickets through our secure website or call (877) 568-6877. Please make sure you purchase tickets well in advance of your desired tour date, as our tours sell out quickly. We have a no refund policy.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE? MAY I PURCHASE WITH CASH?
- IS THERE A WAITING LIST IF THE TOUR I'M INTERESTED IN IS SOLD OUT?
We currently do not have a waiting list. Please contact us to find out if an additional tour has been added that suits your schedule.
- WHAT IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER?
Tours are given rain or shine. A good portion of our time is spent walking outdoors. However, on our food tasting tours, we do spend time inside establishments, so you are not subject to the elements the entire tour.
- WHAT TYPE OF CLOTHING AND SHOES SHOULD I WEAR?
We do a fair amount of walking on our tours. You should dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- HOW MUCH FOOD DO WE EAT ON THE FOOD TASTING TOURS?
We do six different food tastings on our neighborhood tours. We visit restaurants, mom-and-pop shops, delis, and ethnic eateries on the food tour. Our food truck tours include five tastings. Most people think it’s enough for a hearty lunch.
- WHAT IF I HAVE DIETARY RESTRICTIONS OR FOOD ALLERGIES?
Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. All tastings are prepared in advance at each location based on the information you provided to us at the time of ticket purchase. Please be sure to purchase your tickets in advance so that we have adequate time to prepare your tasting substitutions.
Last minute dietary changes on the tour cannot be accommodated. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our tastings are designed to bring you the best of what each renowned food establishment has to offer. In particular, at locations that specialize in traditional, family recipes, there isn’t always a “next best” option we can offer that meets your specific dietary needs.
If you HAVE SEVERE FOOD ALLERGIES please contact us or call us at 877-56-TOURS before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
- DO YOU OFFER VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS ON THE FOOD TOUR?
We offer vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free options at some but not all the tasting locations. If you are vegan or gluten-free, please contact us or call us at 877-568-6877 before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
- DO YOU OFFER VEGETARIAN OPTIONS?
Yes. We have vegetarian options on our food tours. Be sure to let us know well in advance and we can make the appropriate substitutions.
- DO YOU OFFER KOSHER OPTIONS?
The majority of the food tastings are not guaranteed kosher. If you keep kosher please, contact us or call us at 877-56-TOURS before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
- WHAT IF I AM LATE?
It is a good idea to arrive at the meeting location 10-15 minutes prior to the tour start time. In fairness to the people who arrive on time, we leave promptly at the tour start time. If you are late, you may call us at 877-56-TOURS to try and find the group once they have left. There are no guarantees you will be able to find the group, as our guides are narrating the tour and may not pick up their cell phones. There are no reschedules or refunds for latecomers who cannot find the group.
- MAY I RESCHEDULE MY FOOD TOUR?
You may reschedule your food tour within 72 hours of the tour start date and time. There is a $20 rescheduling fee should you need to reschedule within 72 hours before your tour date/time. We preorder the food 72 hours in advance. Once we pre-order the food, you have to pay the $20 fee.
- HOW MUCH WALKING IS THERE ON THE FOOD TASTING TOURS?
We’re on our feet for approximately three hours. We walk at a casual pace and stand in place for a few minutes at various attractions. The streets have a slight incline and you have to walk up small stairs at some of the establishments. Please let us know in advance if you have difficulty walking up a few flights of stairs, and we can make arrangements for you.
- ARE YOUR TOURS APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN?
Our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides make learning about the history, culture, and foods of the neighborhoods we visit interesting, informative, and fun. Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they’re going to participate in all of the food tastings. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it might have to remain outside if the food establishment is busy.
- ARE PETS ALLOWED ON YOUR TOURS?
Pets are not allowed on any of our food tasting tours. New York law prohibits pets from entering an establishment that serves food or drink.
- IS YOUR TOUR VERY TOURISTY? DO NATIVE NEW YORKERS TAKE YOUR TOURS?
Our tours are specifically designed to take you to the “hidden gems” only the neighborhood locals know about. Therefore, our tours take you off the beaten path, so you’re not mobbed by tourists on crowded streets. Native New Yorkers take our tours to explore neighborhoods other than the ones they live in and learn where to find the best culinary delights. None of our tours have a touristy feel to them. Our goal is for you to revisit a neighborhood like a local.
- ARE TOUR GUIDE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
Tour guides gratuities are not included in the cost of your tour. We generally recommend giving your guide between 15% – 20% of the purchase price of the tour. Our tour guides are dedicated to making your tour the highlight of your stay in New York City.
- ARE GIFT CARDS AVAILABLE?
Yes. A walking tour is a great gift to give someone living in or visiting New York. Gift cards can be purchased by clicking on the Buy a Gift Card link on our website.
- CAN I BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR?
Yes. Private tours are available for our neighborhood food tours and food truck tours. To inquire about a private tour, please fill out the form on our private tours page. Our tour director will contact you within 24 hours to inform you whether the date and time are available.
- WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A PRIVATE TOUR?
There is a minimum charge for a private tour. We can accommodate large groups up to 75 people, but the group is split up into groups of 25 people with their own private tour guide. The earlier you book your private tour, the better able we are to accommodate your needs. For pricing and information regarding private tours, please refer to the private tours page.
- WHERE CAN WE PARK?
- West Village Food Tour – Minetta Garage (122 West 3rd Street between MacDougal & 6th Ave)
- Lower East Side Food Tour – Delancey & Essex Municipal Parking Garage (107 Essex St. between Rivington St. & Delancey St.)
- Food Truck Tours (midtown/downtown)
- Midtown – the tour ends in Herald Square
- Downtown -Battery Parking Garage (70 Greenwich Street, corner of Rector St.)
- Mad Men Tours (daytime tour/nighttime tour)
- Daytime – 59th & 5th Parking LLC (767 5th Avenue)
- Nighttime – LAZ Parking LLC (109 East 42nd Street)
- WHERE DOES THE TOUR END?
- West Village Food Tour – the tour ends near the corner of Bleecker Street and Carmine Street
- Lower East Side Eats Food Tour – the tour ends near the corner of Essex St. and Grand St.
- Midtown Food Truck Tour
- Thursdays – the tour ends near the corner of 46th & 6th St
- Saturdays – the tour ends near the corner of Broadway & Houston
- Downtown Food Truck Tour – the tour ends near the corner of Broadway and Wall Street
- Mad Men Tours
- Daytime – the tour ends at The Oyster Bar inside Grand Central Terminal
- Nighttime – the tour ends at P.J. Clarke’s on 55th St. & 3rd ave
- WILL THERE BE A PLACE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM DURING THE TOUR?
Yes. You will have a chance to use the bathroom before the tour starts. On our neighborhood food tours, you will be able to use the restroom at our sit-down tastings inside the restaurants.