Join us as we explore what was once an immigrant and working-class neighborhood rich in ethnic diversity and culture. Savor foods from world-renowned 100+ year-old Jewish food institutions.
Duration: Three hours
Stops: Six different tasting locations
Tastings: All food included. Enough food for lunch. Vegetarian friendly. Call for other dietary restrictions.
ABOUT WEST VILLAGE FOOD TOUR
Don’t fall for the culinary tourist traps when you’re visiting Manhattan! Sidewalks of NY offers irresistible New York food tours in the cultural hotspot of the West Village.
Ask any New Yorker where to find the best pizza, hamburger, cupcake, bagel, dim sum, or coffee, and they undoubtedly reply with a strong opinion. Time Out New York dedicates entire issues to the “Best-of list” in 50+ categories.
Our expert foodies have done extensive and delicious research to offer you the ultimate best-of food tour. The tastes, traditions, and old-world class of these landmark establishments create a true New York experience. It’s no coincidence these foods can all be found in the historic and savory West Village. Let the debate begin!
This three-hour walking tour includes six tastings at different establishments (subject to change). Private tour tasting locations may be different than ones listed below.
- Cuba Restaurant: The Romantic Milieu of Cuba effortlessly transports you from Manhattan to Cuba (Est. 2004)
- Mamoun’s Falafel: The oldest falafel restaurant in the city (Est. 1971)
- Faicco’s Italian Specialties: Mom-and-pop shop owned and operated by a fourth generation of the Faicco family (Est. 1900)
- Hudson Bagels: Authentic New York bagels, always boiled before baked (Est. 1997)
- Artichoke Pizza: Serious pizza aficionados (Est. 2008)
- Molly’s Cupcakes: Finalist on the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, named after the owner’s third-grade teacher (Est. 2011)
- Galanga Thai Cooking: (est. 2004) Small, basic Thai eatery the locals frequent.
Behind every great food establishment in this city, there is an equally great story of tradition and innovation. On our food tours in New York City, you can discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these eateries so beloved by locals.
FOOD TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Taste variety of delicious foods, from the best specialty food stores to ethnic eateries.
- Enjoy the quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of the West Village.
- Our fun, fascinating, and knowledgeable tour guide divulges tidbits of information only locals know.
- Walk hidden streets in the West Village, where we may be the only people on the street.
- View the apartment building where Monica from Friends lived.
- Learn about the hangouts of the Beat Generation and Bob Dylan.
- Taste the best bagel, pizza, and cupcakes in the city without the lines.
Private West Village Food Tour
Want to make our delicious and fun West Village food tour a private event? Contact Us! We specialize in curating the best private culinary experiences.
The tour meets in front of the Porto Rico Importing Co located at 201 Bleecker St, New York (10012). If you are lost or running late, call us at 877-568-6877 and we’ll try to help you find the group.
The closest subway stop is the West 4th Street stop on the A, C, E, B, D, or F trains. Exit the subway station and walk in the opposite direction of traffic, going south along 6th Ave. Make a left at Bleecker Street, and the Porto Rico Importing Co will be on your left about halfway down the block.
You can also take the 6 train to Bleecker St and walk west about 8.5 blocks. Once you pass MacDougal St, the Porto Rico Importing Co will be on your right about halfway down the block.
Minetta Garage is located at 122 West 3rd Street just off of 6th Ave. Walk right out of the garage and make a right onto MacDougal Street. Take a right at Bleecker Street and the meeting location is at 201 Bleecker Street.
- One bottle of water is included. Additional drinks may be purchased on your own.
- Tip for your food tour guide. It’s customary to tip your guide 15%-20% of the purchase price.
Please review the seller’s policies for this activity. Once tickets are purchased, these are binding.
- Activity takes place rain or shine
The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders are allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine