We take you to the downtown food trucks that the locals frequent so you can experience the real flavors, people, and culinary energy that you can only find in NYC!
Duration: Two and a half hours
Stops: Three pizza samplings and two beer tastings
Tastings: All food included. Enough food for lunch. Vegetarian friendly. Call for other dietary restrictions.
ABOUT PIZZA, BEER, & HISTORY TOUR
Looking for something to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and beer in Greenwich Village, a historical and cultural mecca on the Westside, with the help of a licensed tour guide. Learn interesting tidbits and increase your cultural knowledge, all while savoring three pizza samplings and two beer tastings.
ABOUT THE PIZZA:
No neighborhood does pizza quite like Greenwich Village, with everything from amazing coal-fired thin crust pies and traditional New York slices dripping with mozzarella cheese and oil to newer pizzaiolos (pizza makers), many of whom are recent immigrants from Italy showcasing how pizza is cooked in their home regions in the Old Country. We have been eating pizza in the neighborhood for decades and have scouted out three amazing spots to try three different styles of pizza. We examine what makes each so unique, from inspiration to ingredients to ovens.
ABOUT THE BEER:
Drinking in Greenwich Village has always been as big a part of the culture as music, painting, and writing. Not even a little thing like Prohibition stopped the party — the Village was home to some of New York’s most famous speakeasies, and we get to enjoy a beer at one of its better-known former speakeasies. Learn how they snuck in the booze and kept their customers from getting arrested while enjoying drinks in the bars that helped transform Greenwich Village into “The Village” — as much a state of mind as a physical neighborhood.
PIZZA & BEER TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
This two and a half-hour pizza & beer tour includes tastings at different establishments (subject to change).
- Enjoy three pizza tastings from some of Greenwich Village’s best-known pizza restaurants.
- Toast to Village legends at two of the West Village’s most famous and notorious bars — including a former speakeasy and a bar that was one of the main hangouts of the Beat Generation. The first beer at each venue is on us!
- Get insight, anecdotes, and insider knowledge from your dynamic local tour guide.
- Walk in the footsteps of some of America’s best-known writers, artists, and musicians along the quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of the West Village.
- Be transported back to the many eras that made Greenwich Village so unique, and learn how Village luminaries lived and drank in the neighborhood.
We raise our glasses and toast those who have come before us — but this is not purely a pub crawl. This tour is so much more than moving from bar to bar. We walk the same streets as F. Scott Fitzgerald, Jackson Pollock, Dylan Thomas, Bob Dylan, and other Village legends, chatting about what drew them all to this amazing corner of New York. We schmooze, take photos, and sightsee as well as eat and drink, learning the amazing stories of the Village and all of the establishments we visit.
Private Pizza & Beer Food Tour
Want to make our delicious and fun pizza & beer food tour a private event? Contact us! We specialize in curating the best private culinary experiences.
The tour meets in front of the Porto Rico Importing Co located at 201 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10012. The closest subway stop is the West 4th Street stop on the A, C, E, B, D or F trains. You can also take the 6 train to Bleecker St and walk West about 8.5 blocks. If you are lost or running late, please call us at 877-568-6877. Our first pizza tasting is at Artichoke Pizza located at 111 MacDougal Street.
- All food tastings are included.
- The first beer at two different bars is included. You may purchase additional drinks on your own.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders may reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Everyone must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate with a valid government issued ID.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled